Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tomato salad and other things

I currently have two jobs (though they are ending soon, so still, hire me?) and the one that just ended a few hours ago often feeds us. Sadly this was not the case tonight so I came home hungry. I decided on the last of my mini corn dogs (they are frozen but man oh man they are deeelicious) and to attempt to be healthy, and to use up the end of my tomatoes as they are starting to go bad, I made a fabulous tomato salad.
-One large tomato sliced
-Some fresh basil torn into really little chunks (any size you like, really, but I prefer most things smaller in salads)
-Red onion, also finely chopped
-Put all these on a plate, season with salt and pepper
-Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar
-Eat*

*Perhaps don't eat with corn dogs and beer while watching So You Think You Can Dance. I love the show, I love corn dogs, and am greatly enjoying my beer, but I happened to turn on the TV to the fantastic dance with Janeane and Brandon doing some kind of tango thing. It reminded me that I am totally out of shape and perhaps corn dogs are not the healthiest meal. Luckily the show is now over so I can enjoy my corn dogs in peace. This has also reminded me that I need to go out tango dancing soon. Maybe this weekend? I'll keep you posted.

I apologize for the lack of photos, but let's face it, it's easy to imagine and not exactly the most original salad ever, but highly delicious. I love tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment