Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Plums!




So I made a fantastic plum cake today, but alas, I still had several rather ripe plums. I could have eaten them, yes, but I am not quite as fond of raw yellow plums, so I was hoping for other ideas. Earlier today, I was looking up yellow plum recipes for ideas besides the plum cake, just in case there might have been something different, and I came across a "plum caipirinha" and I was intrigued.
Not only did I find free plum today, but turn out they were showing Casablanca in Laurelhurst park today. I went. I was a little late, but no worries, it was fantabulous still. They set up a huge screen outside in the amphitheater and I met up with some lovely people (who had gotten their earlier because they had brains) and it was so fun!. I can't wait to go to the next movie (although I think its friday and I'm working...but after that?) and plan ahead with a picnic. Ok, to the point already, I know. Well the movie was great and afterward a bunch of us went back to the apartment. I figured, what better time than now to try out some plum flavored drinks. I have friends who don't have to drive home, and plums that are ripening far too quickly! Here's my newest concoction:
(to serve...several?)
-3 shots white rum
-2 yellow plums, pitted
-ice
-a few spoonfuls simple syrup (one to one sugar and water heated til clear)
-the juice of half a lime
-lemonade (to top)
-->muddle lime, plums, rum, and ice
-->add syrup and shake
-->strain into martini glasses, top with lemonade to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment