Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More of My Favorite Things

By Wayne Thiebaud--love him. I first learned about him from a a set of notecards someone gave me a million years ago and I rediscovered him when I was looking for ideas for my painting class. He's pretty awesome. I particularly love his food pictures, but I couldn't find my favorite one online, sadly. Still, this one is still pretty awesome.
I ADORE Remedios Varo. This is her work. I love that you can look at it forever and keep discovering new bits and pieces. Everything is interconnected and doesn't quite make sense. She's clearly been influenced by surrealism, but to me, she's more of a Magical Realism artist.
Remedios Varo again. I like that she creates almost scary or creepy art, but it feels more unnerving than dark.
I have no idea who this is by, sorry! It reminds me of the caribbean in a storm, which is exactly where I would like to be right now.
Roses are not my favorite flower, although I really like them (I like flowers that smell nice in general), but I really love how pale this one is and the way the light is hitting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment