Monday, October 12, 2009

A Cool TV Show

I think my love of cooking shows began with Iron Chef (the original one, none of this Bobby Flay nonsense). They made the most bizarre and exotic foods and everything looked so pretty! My dad was really into it, so we would watch it together and laugh at the insane judges and the strange ingredients they used. I forgot about it for a while until a friend introduced me to Top Chef, which reawakened my love for cooking shows, and I've been watching them ever since. I just discovered (today actually) "The Chef's Kitchen" which I found on sidereel. Some lady goes around to restaurants all over the country and watches while one of the chefs makes her a fancy dish. What I liked about this is that you don't just watch really talented chefs make awesome food, they do it step-by-step and you find out how much of each ingredient they use and all of their tips for making the food fabulous. For example, the episode I just watched was about fish and chips. Yes, I know that you batter some fish and fry it, but now I know the trick to really crispy fries, how to make the lightest beer batter, and to try it with vinegar instead of ketchup or tatar sauce. They have a really nice variety of foods too, so I'm pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment