Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cocktails


I was at the Vern, my neighborhood bar, the other night and was in the mood for something other than beer or whiskey-ginger (my go-to well drink). I asked the bartender if she had any suggestions and she told me that lately after work she's been having raspberry kamikazes. For some reason I never think of kamikazes as a drink to get, not because I don't like them, but more because I always forget about them. A few days later I remembered that I had raspberry vodka, regular vodka, and limes lying around, so I figured I'd make one myself. If you're really feeling fancy, top with champagne and garnish with a lime wheel (I did).

Raspberry Kamikaze, but better:

-1 1/2 oz raspberry vodka or liqueur
-1 oz vodka
-1 oz lime juice
-1/2 oz triple sec
-champagne to taste

-Shake first 4 ingredients with ice, strain into a martini glass, top with champagne and a lime wheel.

*Note: for a less potent drink, leave out the regular vodka, I like both types because it cuts the sweetness of the raspberry liqueur a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment