Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Restaurant Reviews!

Well, kind of. Here are a list of my top 3 breakfast, lunch, and dinner places in Portland.

Breakfast:
1. Screen Door. I just went for the first time. It was fantastic and man alive I want to go there every single day and get really, really fat. It's glorious, delicious Southern food.
2. Cricket Cafe. Not only is it right near my house, but it's got stunningly good sweet breakfast foods (pancakes, french toast...)
3. It's a tie between Pine State Biscuits and Detour Cafe (I love Pine State but the line is awful and it's a little pricey. However, their biscuits are fantastic. Detour is a better value and they have really, really good breakfast sandwiches)
*However, I have never been to Genies...

Lunch:
1. Edelweiss (a close second to Otto's on Woodstock, but this one is better. They might just have the best sausages I've ever had).
2. The Waffle Window (It's this weird little window with various savory and sweet waffles on Hawthorne and it's awesome).
3. Best Baguette (Yeah, yeah, I know, this might sound lame, but I'm sorry, if something is under $ for a deliciously filled baguette, it's high on my list of great places. They have french-filled/inspired baguettes as well as Vietnamese ones--which I prefer. They make their own bread and it is pretty darn good).

Dinner:
1. Paley's Place (I just went here for the first time over the weekend. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. The food was decently priced and majorly delicious. They do all season, local ingredients, the servers are nice, and to top it all off, they had the best gin gimlet I've ever had, too).
2. Oba (I believe it's Spanish inspired? The meat is spectacular and the prawns I had were as well. It's rather fancy and a bit on the expensive side, but totally worth it).
3. Pok Pok (They have mind-blowing food. Get their chicken wings. I personally prefer the Muh Stay...yes, I cannot really spell or pronounce that but it's delicious).
(4. Pambiche--Cuban food. They manage to have not only a nice variety of unusual and fantastic good, but they have amazing desserts as well)
(5. Everett St. Bistro--I haven't been here in a while, but if it's like I remember, the pasta dishes are great, as are the burgers and fries)
(6. Montage--I love mac n cheese. This is the best I've had. The end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment