Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lovely Easy Fish For One Person

I really like fish, I do, but since I rarely buy meat-for various reasons ranging from price to amount of meat you have to buy at once-I don't eat it very often. I've learned that more often than not, fish doesn't need much to taste good. I had left over tilapia from our fish n chips, and found a super easy recipe for lemon-garlic tilapia so I rolled with it with added/subtracted to my personal taste.

Here is the result:
Tilapia for one:
-1 fillet of tilapia or any white fish
-Half a lemon
-Less than a tablespoon of butter (but almost one)
-Salt
-Lemon pepper (or reg. if you don't have it)
-Half a clove of garlic, smashed and finely chopped
-Dried tarragon*
-Dried thyme*
*Obviously fresh is ideal...

-Preheat the oven to 375
-Coat a baking pan with nonstick spray
-Wash and dry the fillet and put in the pan
-Season each side of fish with salt and pepper
-Sprinkle the garlic on
-Sprinkle on tarragon and thyme to taste--I did a few pinches of each
-Squeeze lemon juice on the fish/herbs
-Drizzle on the melted butter
-Cook for 20-30 min until fish is flaky and white
-Enjoy with a side salad of baby spinach and tomato with a rasp. vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment