Saturday, January 30, 2010

Easiest Pancakes Ever

I woke up today craving pancakes but feeling really lazy, so I solved this problem by finding the easiest pancake recipe ever (maybe aside from Bisquick). Not only is this recipe conveniently easy to remember, you only use one bowl and you mix everything together all at once. The pancakes are super light and fluffy too.

Really Easy Pancakes (not really adapted much at all from Buttermilk Pancakes I on allrecipes.com):
Makes maybe 4 servings? I only used about 1/3 of the batter and made little pancakes but then I also don't eat that much...
-1 1/4 c all purpose flour
-1 egg
-1 1/4 c buttermilk (or part buttermilk part regular milk if you run out of buttermilk like I did, or regular milk + 2 tbs vinegar if you don't have buttermilk)
-1/4 c white sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 c veggie oil/canola oil
-pinch of salt
-splash vanilla if you're feeling fancy

-Blend or whisk everything all together
-Cook on a preheated pan (over about medium/med. low heat) until bubbles form on top, then flip until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment