Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Useful Decorations


As I learned from my mother, you can never have too much jewelry because it's easy to store. While this may be true that it's easy to store, it's often not easy to find and untangle without proper storage. I have this issue myself, and have finally figured out how to fix it while making use of my lack of real jewelry box. I love jewelry, clothes, shoes, and getting dressed up. Yes, you might even call me "girly." Maybe this is the reason that I love my new way to hang up my necklaces without getting them tangled and simultaneously find them easily: bulletin boards. Now the ones I have happen to be totally cute--they have these big gold frames--and don't look as boring as most do. However, if you are not as lucky as me, you can get one of those really basic silver-framed bulletin boards and hot-glue fake pearls to it. It looks fabulous, I made one for a friend for her birthday one time. Anyway, here is my necklace solution:
-get one (or two in my case) bulletin board
-decorate the frame to your liking
-find a bunch of clear tacks
-stick them in at different heights and hang your necklaces off them
*Naturally, since they are right there in the open, don't use this to display your ruby chokers and diamond pendants. Sadly for me, I am really lacking in the ruby choker and diamond pendant department, so no worries there.

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS IDEA!

    I did something similar for my earrings. I found it on RealSimple.com under earring organizer using a frame, string and hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha excellent Maddy! I believe you might ahave even made it for me?? :)

    ReplyDelete