Monday, July 25, 2011

Bermuda #2

Now that I have the rest of the Bermuda photos, I can actually show you the deliciousness that was Bermuda High Tea as well as some other meals. So here goes:

Baby brother is very pleased with our set of rum snacks. Bottom plate: cream puffs, lemon mousse with chocolate shells, rum truffles. Middle plate: shrimp po'boy (great), crab salads in mini brioches, bloody mary shooters, spinach roll ups, smoked salmon on rye (delish). Top plate: macaroons, scones (not pictured/already devoured).

The season tray that my parents split. Bottom plate: cheesecake squares (phenomenal), fruit mousse Napoleon things, lemon or lime cream (not pictured), something else that wasn't pictured. Middle plate: roast beef roll ups, frittata, shrimp in mini croissants (delish), cucumber shooters (barely pictured), something else (barely pictured). Top plate: meringues, scones (not pictured/already devoured).

Spiked coffee with an unusual fruit liqueur that I can't remember the name of with a rock candy sugar swizzle stick.

Beef carpaccio at one of the Fairmont Southampton's restaurants.

A caprese salad at the same place as above. This lovely presentation is one I'm dying to replicate once I get my hands on some big, heirloom tomatoes!

As you can see, the food was delicious. We had some fantastic fish dishes that of course I forgot to take photos of. Naturally. On every family vacation my brother and I each get to pick out a souvenir. Luckily, we still get to pretend we're little kids and each got something. I'm not sure what he chose but I got a Bermuda teatime cookbook. I'm very excited to make some snacks from it and will hopefully be doing so soon. In the meantime, I'm stuck with a frightening amount of zucchini, but more on that in the next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment