Saturday, May 22, 2010

Movies That Never Fail To Make Me Happy

There are just some movies that no matter how I'm feeling always make me happy. And I have compiled a list off the top of my head in no particular order. So enjoy:

1. Strictly Ballroom. The accents! The dancing! The horrifyingly fabulous costumes! Really, you can't help but smile!
2. 10 Things I Hate About You: Not only is it based on a Shakespeare play, it's full of glorious '90s slang and a young Heath Ledger!
3. Disney's Alice In Wonderland: Ohhh Alice, I do have a weakness for Alice. Despite what critics may claim, I love this version and its whimsical take on the books.
4. Enchanted: Thanks Mom for my love of musicals! This combines not only that, but also my love of all old Disney. Hey, and even guys like it!
5. Men In Black: Maybe it's just nostalgia but Will Smith and this movie cannot fail to make me smile. Especially since my quality VHS copy has his music video at the end.
6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off: I mean, who doesn't love this movie? And who hasn't wanted a day off?
7. Clueless: Sure, it might be dumb, but the dialogue is hilarious, and the characters are all so lovable in the end...
8. The Brave Little Toaster: I loved it so much I apparently dressed up as it once when I was little...and I watched it recently, and it still holds up! Any movie that can make normally boring household equipment seem cool gets an A in my book.
9. Zorro: Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and sword-fighting...do you need more?!
10. The Phantom: For whatever reason this movie is one of the most memorable from when I was little. Maybe it was the pirates and the jewels, the magical aspect, or the witty guy in a sweet purple suit, I don't know, but I loved it and I still do. No shame, no shame!

*Disclaimer: I never said they were quality movies, they just make me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment