Monday, March 8, 2010

Trader Joes Wine Tasting

I have a new plan! I'm going to try every single $3.99-$4.99 white wine at Trader Joes. I will rate them. Here's the first of it:
-Trader Joes Easy Drinking White Table Wine ($3.99)-easy to drink, mellow, nothing too thrilling. There are better whites out there at the same price.
-Zarafa Sauvignon Blanc ($3.99 I think)-not a huge fan. It was too metallic almost. Not very smooth, harsh aftertaste.
-Villa Cerrina-Chardonnay-Pinot Grigio blend ($3.99)--I liked this one a lot. It's smooth, easy to drink, and not too sweet.
-Contadino Pinot Grigio ($3.99)-it was OK, nothing thrilling, but fine. Actually, my description should give you a good idea--it wasn't very memorable!
-Rene Barbier, Mediterranian White, Catalunya ($4.99)-I really like this one. It's really easy to drink, very fresh and light-tasting.

So to sum things up, my favorite to least favorite, in order:
1.Rene Barbier Catalunya
2. Villa Cerrina
3. TJs Table Wine
4.Contadino Pinot Grigio
5. Zarafa Sauvignon Blanc.

No comments:

Post a Comment